And so, I have came back from the realm of the dead. I apologize if I sometimes got discouraged by some people. I don’t know how much it cost to buy my time, so I’ll just put a poll about it ranging from $60-$100. I won’t give you the option to reject..
Because, I’m not charging you for chapters, I’m charging you if you want bonus chapters. If you don’t want it, there’s no need to donate it..
If you don’t like it, which is weird, go ahead and unfollow me…I don’t care anymore. I hope you won’t read the chapters anymore from me…. *sigh* I just don’t care about unfollower anymore..
Thanks to Alex, Brandon, and RKA for filling the bar when i slept.
Btw, I’m happy enough with $60 / day which will make daily release. Poll will be closed when I got a good number of vote..
Time needed for each chapter : KnW 1.5-2hr, Nidoume 2.5hr, Isekai 4-5/6 hr (thanks to the narration…)
Some Q for you:
– What’s the estimated monthy cost of your future site (hosting + maintermance), with and without extra labor cost (hire more translator, editer, proof reader,…)
– Do you expected to make a living out of this WN Translating job?
– If yes how will you share the profit with original author?
– If you do share profit will you make a contact with original author and become a publisher. How will you handle free leech? Will this site become pay to read?
– What will happen when the donation bar is full? You reset it right away/ reset at the 1st of new month/reset at your next billday?
– How long will you continue this job? Untill you graduate /reach 25/married/find a job/1 year from now?
Additional question to John Smith’s.
You do not do your own editing, but someone else edits the chapter for you. Unlike wuxiaworld, who edits and translates, your initial translations are quite horrid grammar wise. Do you intend to share those profits with whomever has been editing your chapters? If not, how can you justify the price point of your sponsored chapters?
While you do the hardest part in translation, the editing requires another person to do this. As it can be seen your English grammar is not perfect. Similar to how real publishers work, the editor would/should get paid as well.
I truly want to know how you justify taking the entire fee, and not offering any compensation for your editor, who also spends their time in editing.
– I will answer the estimated cost once I actually got the site up.
– I don’t expect that much, but I expect that it worth my time. (Even $60 a day is already a lot for me right now..)
-I’m planning to contact the author and share profits based on views and share a percentage of the profits.
-I still havent think about the leech…. I don’t think this will become pay to read.
-I will substract $80/(whatever it will be) every bonus released.
-I will continue this job until I deemed this doesn’t worth my time at all. ( I can gain a lot more doing something else)
– I will pay editors if they want to be paid.