Okay, Fan Fiction is needed. Why ? Because it’s a content (I need it). I will eventually have to integrate it to my site anyway.
So, I’m thinking of devising a requirement for a fan fiction to be published as a post here. I will send Author role.
The most popular one here is malvazar’s “The Other World’s Physics doesn’t make any sense !”. And it seems will be continued.
I need suggestions how to evaluate a FanFic.
And also, whether I evaluate it myself, or readers evaluate it, or possibly volunteers ?
Grammar/ Writing Style, Regular Updates and Character Development
Grammar/ Writing Style:
– Each sentence has a clear purpose.
– Events are “shown” rather than simply “told”.
– Dialogue is prevalent.
– Adjectives aren’t abused.
– Writer has a backlog of at least 5 chapters to keep up with updates
– Updates at least once weekly on a specific day at a specific time
– Main Character doesn’t start off OP unless author has a clear reason in mind (e.g. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei uses an OP main character to craft a story around the supporting characters dealing with him being OP)
– Females are more than 34DD’s on legs
– Critical flaws are present in the main characters which will be addressed over time
I’d evaluate based on: content – how original is it? Quality – how good is it and how consistent? Finally I would judge based on spelling and grammar which are the least